Sansevieria trifasciata is a species of foliage plant in the family Asparagaceae.
Leaves are erect, fleshy, sharply-pointed, sword-shaped, deep green with light gray-green horizontal stripes. Leaves arise in a rosette from a thick rhizome. Small fragrant greenish-white flowers bloom on mature plants. Flowers and fruit rarely appear on indoor plants.
The Snake plant purifies the air by absorbing toxins through the leaves and producing pure oxygen.
- Common name(s) : Snake plant, mother-in-law tongue, tongue of a devil
- Flower colours : Greenish-white
- Bloom time : Spring, Summer
- Max reachable height : Up to 4 feet
- Difficulty to grow : Easy to grow